Blogathon 2009 for the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society
This is the place for learning about the Tiny Bites effort for Blogathon 2009. During the course of the Blogathon, use this page to donate to the cause, and encourage us to stay awake!
What the heck is a Blogathon?
Blogathon is an international fundraising relay where a community of bloggers stay awake to publish 1 post every 30 minutes over the course of 24 hours. Every cent of the proceeds goes to each site’s charity of choice. Read more at Blogathon.org >
Mark your calendars from 6am on July 25, 2009 to 6am on July 26, 2009.
Blogathon 2009 article index
Did you miss our effort on July 25, 2009? Review the 49 pieces that we had published over the course of 24 hours:
- 6am: Blogathon 2009 for the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society begins
- 6:30am: Cafe Mexico and a love of avocados
- 7am: Bon eats at Baan Thai
- 7:30am: Family pho recipe revealed
- 8am: Hotel surprise treats
- 8:30am: Qoola wants to know: what do you expect from businesses today?
- 9am: A letter of introduction from the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society
- 9:30am: Victoria coffee lamentations
- 10am: LURED to breakfast
- 10:30am: Healthy vending machines, yay or nay?
- 11am: Battle of Chicago deep dish pizzerias
- 11:30am: Globetrotting at Glo Europub and Grill
- 12pm: Blogathon 2009 quarter mark recap
- 12:30pm: Patio favourites in Victoria
- 1pm: Rogers’ Chocolates Soda Shoppe and days of yore
- 1:30pm: Who is the winner of the taste of Victoria early bird prize?
- 2pm: Rouxbe Cooking School Series: fun with pho, part 1 of 2
- 2:30pm: My recipe for Lumpiang Prito (pork and vegetable spring rolls)
- 3pm: A bird’s eye view of the Food Bank’s key programs
- 3:30pm: Hoopin’ it up with ChristaHoops
- 4pm: High Tea Series: The Tea House at Stanley Park
- 4:30pm: A preview of Mis Trucos
- 5pm: Visual Bites: The Eatery
- 5:30pm: High Tea Series: Bacchus
- 6pm: Blogathon 2009 Halfway Mark Recap
- 6:30pm: A Tasting with Bill Hardy
- 7pm: Blue Water cookbook winner!
- 7:30pm: Apricot Ales
- 8pm: A Refined Look at the Cocktail List
- 8:30pm: Ocean Wise infiltrates the susie market with Zen Japanese Restaurant
- 9pm: Research round-up: food insecurity and how food banks help
- 9:30pm: Foodist BBQ Bootcamp
- 10pm: Summer Camp for Food and Wine Lovers
- 10:30pm: Hidden Gerard Lounge
- 11pm: Diamond Girl
- 11:30pm: 5 Great BBQ Wines
- 12am: Blogathon Three-Quarter Mark Recap
- 12:30am: Surprise Unveiling at Sumac Ridge
- 1am: Pisco Sours at Baru
- 1:30am: Stella’s New Digs
- 2am: What would you do to christen a deep fryer?
- 2:30am: My mother-in-law’s recipe for Winnipeg Folk Fest cookies
- 3am: Quick facts on the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society
- 3:30am: Rouxbe Cooking School Series: fun with pho, part 2 of 2
- 4am: Uva by day and night
- 4:30am: Who is the winner of The Empress Tea Early Bird prize?
- 5am: High Tea Series: T Room and Bakery
- 5:30am: A tale of two Daniel Boulud cities
- 6am: Blogathon 2009 closes with a bang: grand tally, Grand Prize, and Top Donor results
What charity are you supporting for Blogathon 2009?
We aim to raise $2000 $2500 or more for the Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society by 6am on July 26, 2009. Read more >
What can I do to help?
You can do one or more of the following to support this drive for the Greater Vancouver Food Bank:
Donate to the cause
You can support the Food Bank directly via their online donation form. Please do not send us your money directly. Full donation instructions >
Become a grand prize sponsor
Are you a local business that would like to contribute a giveaway during the Tiny Bites Blogathon effort? Learn more and check out our confirmed sponsors on the Sponsors page.
Spread the word
Help us get this fundraiser in front of everyone in Greater Vancouver. Use these links to pass it around your circle of family and friends:
Cheer us on!
Here just a few ideas on how to keep Blogathon participants awake from 6am July 25, 2009 to 6am on July 26th:
- Drop a comment on our blogs
- Give us ideas for blog posts
- Show up at the venue(s) where we are blogging from and perk us up
Hope to see you online during Blogathon 2009!