Client Spotlight: Scout Magazine
1 Comment Tiny Bites ConsultingMarch 3, 2009
Last fall, Andrew Morrison of Urban Diner fame contacted Tiny Bites Consulting to help out on his new vision: an online magazine on Vancouver food, culture, life, and style.
Over a series of dinner meetings and meet-ups at the lounge in Boneta, we hammered out the specs for a WordPress-powered site with a heavily customized Revolution theme. Scout had a number of goals, such as:
- Building a large, loyal, local readership
- Encouraging online conversations amongst readers and visitors
- Maximizing ad revenue potential
In order to accomplish Scout’s objectives, Tiny Bites Consulting:
- Helped in purchasing scoutmagazine.ca and hosting the site on Bluehost
- Set up WordPress for site management and phpBB for forum management
- Implemented the Scout’s bold, media-rich design to spec using PHP, HTML, and CSS
- Created dynamic sidebars to allow adspace to be unique for the default view and each of the 4 topic categories
- Showed how Twitter can be used to promote articles, distribute polls, attract a wider audience, and encourage conversation
- Tested that the site looked good in the major browsers, mobile devices, and didn’t break in Internet Explorer 6
But don’t take our word for it. Check out the site for yourself.